Tuesday, Bloody Tuesday
By Rachelle Bowden in News on Jul 21, 2004 12:16PM
Five unrelated shootings in just over an hour netted nine people wounded on Tuesday night.
1. The first incident happened at about 6:30 p.m. in a public housing complex on E. Browning Ave. A man was shot in the head and is in critical condition and an 11-year-old girl got a graze wound on her shoulder. The shooting was drug-related.
2. At about 7:25 p.m., two people were shot near the Foster Avenue Beach boathouse. A 28-year-old man was shot in the leg and a lady in her 60s was shot in the buttocks (say it like Forrest Gump!). Their injuries were not life threatening. Police believe one other person may have been shot but have been unable to locate that victim. They are on the lookout for the alleged shooter, who is described as white or Hispanic, 20, shaved head except a ponytail, and wearing a shirt and black shorts. Check the cube next to you.
3. Ten minutes later, a 19-year-old man was shot on W. Potomac Ave.
4. In Humboldt Park at 7:45 p.m., two men were critically injured after being shot in the head on N. Avers. Another man was shot in the leg.
5. In Chicago Lawn, a 16-year-old boy was shot in the neck for unknown reasons by two men driving a gray sedan on W. 60th St. at 7:45 p.m.
The five shootings are not related, just coincidences that add up to make Tuesday one bloody night.