This Week In Stupid
By Matt Wood in Miscellaneous on Nov 14, 2005 4:14PM
Expensive toilet seats, dumb teenagers, confused pigs, and some thankful horses this week in our weekly roundup of Stupid Chicago:
- O'Hare Airport awarded a $4.65 million, four-year contract to a vendor those fancy motorized plastic toilet seat covers. That's $96,000 a month to make sure travelers don't have to hover.
- Three teenagers were charged with reckless conduct, aggravated assault, and criminal damage to property on Sunday for attacking a police station with paintball guns.
- A man said he beat his mother then shot her to death on Monday because she was going to "pray against" him.
- A mother of four was charged with child endangerment on Tuesday for leaving her 1-year old alone in her apartment while she was at work. Police rescued the baby from a second-story window sill.
- A truck hauling pigs overturned on I-80 Thursday, blocking traffic for several hours. A second truck arrived and workers set up fencing between the two trailers so the piggies could be loaded onto the new truck.
- Two women claimed they were victims of weight-discrimination on Thursday after a riding stable in Bartlett turned them away because they were too heavy. The women tried to use gift certificates for riding lessons, but the stable said they didn't have any horses who could accommodate riders over 200 pounds.
- An SUV crashed into Phil Stefani's restaurant at 437 N. Rush yesterday. Police say someone was chasing the SUV in a green van and shooting at it when it crashed.
Photo courtesty of NBC5.com