This Week In Stupid
By Matt Wood in News on Nov 28, 2005 3:40PM
This week we have a heartless gas station clerk, a creative robber, a creepy store manger, five really slow teenagers, and one unlucky gun owner. A little quiet, but what do you expect with all the tryptophan abuse?
- On Sunday, a gas station clerk at a Gary, IN, Citgo refused to call 911 after a woman was robbed at knifepoint while pumping gas. "Use your cell phone," the clerk told the woman.
- On Monday, a man robbed a Humboldt Park bar with a ham sandwich.
- On Thursday, three women filed suit against Pacific Sunwear claiming management didn't notify police after they discovered that their manager at a Gurnee Mills store was videotaping them in the restroom. They are seeking more than $50,000 in damages.
- On Saturday night, two women on their way to a wedding reception at Garfield Park Observatory were robbed by five armed teenagers. Police were already on the scene for security, and caught the robbers and recovered their weapons within two minutes of the incident.
- And yesterday, a 63-year old Rockford man accidentally shot himself in the foot with his .22. As if that weren't embarrassing enough, police cited him for not carrying a firearm owners ID card.