This Week In Stupid
By Matt Wood in News on Dec 19, 2005 5:02PM
The Chicago Police Department is making this column easy, supplying two more genius crooked cops this week. Plus, Jackass wannabes in Portage, a driver with a death wish, and a robber who made his last mistake doing things the hard way:
- On Monday, a Chicago police officer was charged with possession and intent to distribute 24 kilos of marijuana.
- On Tuesday, two Portage, IN high school students were suspended for bringing a stun gun to school and using it on a third student. The student who was shocked volunteered to have the gun used on him.
- As reported on Chicagoist Wednesday, a special Stupid Award goes to the police officer who stole credit cards from an arrestee then used them to buy $1,600 worth of stuff, at stores with video surveillance no less.
- Early Friday morning, police say a driver was going 110 mph when he crashed into the rear of a semi on the Eisenhower Expressway near Hillside. Amazingly, he's still alive after undergoing surgery at Loyola Medical Center.
- On Sunday, police shot and killed a man who tried to rob a Dunkin Donuts in Midlothian by crawling through the drive-through window and demanding money. He started beating one of the employees with his gun, then was shot after drawing his weapon on two officers who came in just as he was leaving.