- A school in Gary has had a wooden replica of our Daley Center Picasso in their cafeteria for 35 years. Now they're starting to wonder how much it might be worth.
- Last year everyone was excited because the number of murders in the city dropped below 500, a 25% decline. This year, the number of murders is about the same as last year. At least the number didn't go up!
- A year after the disaster, the Notebaert Nature Museum has a new display, Tsunami: Science & Hope. It focuses on the scientific aspect of the Dec. 26, 2004 Indian Ocean tsunami, as well as other tsunamis in history.
- A Bears fuckup has left some season-ticket holders without tickets for the playoffs.
- Amtrak's Hiawatha route is going to break a record for passengers this year. They've already had a half million, breaking last year's record of 477,000. Reasons: A new station at Milwaukee's airport, the rising cost of gas, best on-time record of any Amtrak corridor.
- A suspect has been arrested in a bunch of suburban church robberies. He says he targeted churches because they steal from people to support pastors' fancy cars and big houses.