This Week in Stupid
Ringing in the New Year with a half ton of weed, a semi full of chickens, stun guns, and a woman back from the dead. And of course, no New Year's would be complete without a few people lettin' off shots:
- On Tuesday, police confiscated over 1,000 pounds of marijuana from a garage on the southwest side. People, when are you going to get it through your thick skulls that hanging on to this much weed isn't a good idea?
- On Wednesday, a man tried to board a plane at O'Hare with a stun gun in his carry-on.
- A semi carrying a load of chickens crashed into Aurelio's restaurant in the Holiday Inn Express on Harrison and Canal on Thursday. CBS 2 reported that no chickens were injured. NBC 5 says that's because they were frozen.
- A Merrillville woman was declared dead by the US government five days before Christmas. Someone tell it to that baby in the video, because he is going to freak when he finds out.
- Chicago Police say they got reports of more than 400 shots fired into the air on New Year's, and arrested dozens for illegal firearm possession. But that's down from 600 reports last year.