This Week In Stupid
This week's theme: Fun with Firearms! Plus a dirty cop's "lucky streak" comes to an end:
- An 18-year old Schaumburg woman is in intensive care after a man shot her in the heart with a pellet gun as he bounced her from a New Year's Eve party.
- On Tuesday, two men robbed another man at gunpoint in front of a south side police station. They got away, and police have no suspects.
- On Wednesday, an Alsip police officer shot himself in the leg while holstering his gun on the way to testify in court. (Thanks John!)
- A Chicago police officer was sentenced to 24 years in the clink on Thursday for stealing cocaine from the evidence room, selling it on the street, then claiming he'd won the money--over $1 million--in Vegas.
- And on early Friday morning, a 21-year old Glenwood woman was shot in the stomach by a man playing with a gun at her apartment. Witnesses originally told police it was a firecracker.