This Week in Stupid
Medical mishaps, alcoholics, our own episode of Cops, and panties, glorious panties in this week's edition:
- St. Francis Hospital in Blue Island lost Donald Gray's dentures after he had surgery. When Gray complained, hospital administrators reminded him that he had signed a waiver stating that the hospital is not responsible for lost personal property. Uh, we think that usually means things like wallets, clothing, you know, stuff that isn't normally attached to your body. On Monday the hospital called Gray to tell him they'd pay for a new set of dentures. How kind.
- A Roselle woman is facing drunk driving and child endangerment charges after crashing her car Monday night with her 7-month old daughter inside. This is the second time she's done this, with a similar DUI accident with her child in November.
- On Friday, a Cook County Jail inmate tried to sneak out of the courthouse. He had slipped past a deputy into the bathroom of a holding area where he turned his prison togs inside out. He almost made it, but another deputy noticed the backwards DOC lettering on his chest.
- On Sunday morning, an 18-year old man freaked out on the Red Line and started taking off his clothes. He beat up three CTA guards, withstood pepper spray and a Taser shock from the police, and ran away before he was finally arrested a block away.
- And this morning, a truck hauling 40,000 pounds of Victoria's Secret goodies overturned in Hubbard's Cave on the Kennedy, spilling pink boxes of panties everywhere.