This Week in Stupid
This week we have a couple criminals who just can't get enough jail time, a nurse who must like R. Kelly, a scene straight out of the Dukes of Hazzard, and what may be our first nominee for This Year in Stupid:
- On Wednesday, police arrested a man and charged him with rape, kidnapping, and carjacking just one day after he had gotten out of jail.
- On Thursday, the Cook County Sheriff's office realized they had accidentally released an accused murderer on Jan. 4, even though a judge had ordered him held without bail. They didn't realize their mistake until the accused showed up to court not once, but twice after the mistake for separate hearings.
- This isn't so much stupid as it is gross: on Thursday an Elmhurst nursing home worker was charged with dripping urine on the face of an 83-year old patient then throwing a dirty diaper at his head.
- On Friday, Maurice Wallace, the suspect in the murder of Illinois State student Olamide Adeyooye, was found guilty of contempt for cursing the judge during a routine hearing.
- On Friday morning, a West Side woman who had just been arrested for a DUI slipped out of her handcuffs and drove away in the police car. She was arrested again a mile away.
- And finally, our favorite: Shannon Cook, a 24-year old woman from Westmont, plead guilty last week to three counts of child endangerment after she left her kids at home for nine hours to attend a taping of The Jerry Springer Show.