By Rachelle Bowden in News on Jan 25, 2006 11:49PM
- Last year at least one rape happened in every Chicago neighborhood except one: Clearing.
- Because we're the Windy City*, 2 wind turbines (dare we say wind mills?) are going to be mounted on the Daley Center and 8 more are going on a building on the Near North Side. They're supposed to tell us whether wind power is practical and affordable here.
- For safety reasons, Rep. John D'Amico wants to change the IL minimum driving age from 16 to 18. Both teens & parents think it's bull.
- Newest local crazes: stealing expensive sunglasses & ballroom dancing.
* Before you start commenting, we're just having fun with the topic, we know that Chicago isn't called the Windy City because of the actual wind.
Photo of the day via e.q.