By Rachelle Bowden in News on Apr 13, 2006 12:01AM
- In an annual standard of living report, Chicago came in (tied with Washington DC) at 41st place. The study ranks the quality of life in the world's major cities. Zurich came in first, Baghdad last. The top US city is Honolulu.
- It's nice out and everyone's pulling out their bikes, but who needs a bike when you've got the LimoJet?
- The Bean is finally finished.
- Junk food in schools is still ok for now. A committee has blocked the ban because they want the plan to go farther and include the quality of cafeteria meals.
- Universiy of Illinois' incoming students will pay 11.5% higher for tuition, fees, and room-and-board costs.
- Next weekend is the Chicago Botanic Garden's Antiques and Garden Fair.
- Start practicing! The US Air Guitar Regional Championships are coming to Chicago May 25. Enter the competition here.
- A school in Utah hired Jon Stewart for their annual gala. Only problem, they didn't hire Jon Stewart from "The Daily Show With Jon Stewart," they accidentally hired Jon A. Stewart, a former motivational speaker, businessman and part-time professional wrestler from Chicago.
Clark/Lincoln Park West via flagtothefloor