By Rachelle Bowden in News on Jun 16, 2006 12:59AM
- The Trib's 2nd largest shareholder, the Chandler family, threatened to try to get rid of CEO Dennis FitzSimons if he doesn't split the newspaper and broadcast companies or sell the company by the end of the year.
- Also by the end of the year, and as an effort to reduce costs, United is eliminating at least 1,000 salaried and management jobs.
guywoman in Bloomington bought a house and found the remains of about 30 people. They're Native American relics that were buried about 600 - 700 years ago in an Indian mound. Apparently the guy who lived there before was a Native American buff and had the remains for about 70 years. They'll be donated to the state for further study.
- Matching the largest in its history, Rush University Medical Center just got a $20 million donation.
- The 26-year-old manager of the Leona's in Hyde Park was closing down the restaurant and counting money when he was robbed, shot twice and died from his injuries. So sad, he was so young, but to make it worse, he was a new father of a 5-day-old baby girl too.
- Not like you need another reason to go to the hysterical Schadenfreude Rent Party tomorrow night, but Chicagoist's Justin Sondak will be participating. Justin will be teaming up with the Trib's Eric Zorn to make up Team Chicago Media and challenge Team Schadenfreude in a quiz bowl sketch. Go check'em out!
"2781: for the love of country - buy their gucci, their fendi, their prada, their christian dior, their louis vuitton, their versace, their dolce & gabbana, and their roberto cavalli - merchandise." by only-connect