By Rachelle Bowden in News on Jul 27, 2006 3:30AM
- Curious about Gothamist & the people behind it - Jen & Jake? Check out this article for Downtown
- Maggie Daley and Cardinal Francis George are both having cancer surgery.
- Illinois has 3 zip codes where the median price of a home is over $1 million: Kenilworth, Winnetka, and Glencoe. Compare this to California that has 83 zip codes where homes are over a million or New York with 20.
- Should you be able to park for free in Chicago if you have a hybrid car? This alderman thinks so.
- Gawker on Chicago: "The City of Big Shoulders" is rapidly turning into "The Village of 'My Pussy Hurts,'" as the city council authorizes bans on foie gras, cellphones, and smoking."
- The winner of the Race to Mackinac is Eagle, which is owned by a Chicago family.
- Are ice cubes made of purified water really necessary?