By Rachelle Bowden in News on Sep 6, 2006 12:22AM
- What a sad, sad tragedy - 6 kids were killed in an apartment fire this weekend. The fire was accidentally started by a candle that the family was using for light because they haven't had electricity since May.
- Gov. Blagojevich announced a new toll free hotline to help workers report if they're not receiving minimum wage.
- The Kimball and Francisco Brown Line stations are closing at 10 p.m. on September 15 and aren't reopening until some time next year.
- If you're between 18-25, like to get friggin' wasted, get into public fights, and have sex with random people, then you might be perfect for the 19th season of "The Real World." There's a casting call on Saturday, September 23, from 9 a.m. - 5 p.m. at the Lion Head Pub (2251 N. Lincoln Ave., 773-348-5100).
- Marshall Field's fans are having a rally on Saturday.
- Chicago's gay podcast just launched.