By Rachelle Bowden in News on Oct 3, 2006 12:33AM
- The City of Chicago is paying more than $4 million to a 24-year-old who got stopped by the police and was mistakenly shot and paralyzed when cops thought he was reaching for a gun.
- On Sunday Cheryle Jackson became the first woman president of the Chicago Urban League.
- The state is going to spend over $2 million to build and to improve bicycle paths.
- Next spring Chicago is opening a floating maritime museum.
- Three of the U.S.' top 18 bosses are in Chicagoland.
- The Dunes are 40.
Garage band practice photo via davidhwang