By Rachelle Bowden in News on Oct 10, 2006 2:45AM
- Twenty minutes into a live performance, Gene Janson, a veteran Chicago stage actor, died of a heart attack. He died doing what he loved, at least.
- The YMCA isn't so sure it wants to move its national headquarters to the South Loop now. They say that rising construction costs is one of the reasons.
- A University of Chicago study shows that a drug that helps alcoholics and heroin addicts kick their habits might also help women quit smoking.
- Speaking of the University of Chicago, this year's freshman class is super diverse.
- Joe Fatheree, a tech instructor from southern IL, is the state's "Teacher of the Year."
- Vince Vaughn is coming home at the end of the year to shoot a movie called Fred Claus. Looks dumb.
Chubby Wieners via josephp.