Weekend Jaunts: Saturday Edition
By Timmy Watson in News on Oct 21, 2006 2:55PM
Okay, this weekend is pretty full so we are just going to jump right into it. As always, feel free to add more events in the comments section.
- The first thing we are doing is heading to the Paper Source Warehouse Sale, 328 S Jefferson St. This twice yearly sale helps Paper Source get rid of damaged and overstocked products, which translates to us as kick ass discounts. The sale goes from 9 p.m. - 2 p.m.
- It's not too cold to head over and see the State Street Halloween Parade. We like to take advantage of the few parades that start at noon, it starts at corner of State and Randolph. The scariest part of the parade may be taking the El to get there, muwhaha.
- Also at noon today is the Handmade Market at Empty Bottle, 1035 N Western Ave. This is a monthly crafts market of beautiful things made by great people. The market will run until 4:30 p.m.
- Of course, we didn't forget about you, Chicago Artists' Month. Check out art 44/46, a public art exhibition, In Lakeview. The best way to get started would be to take the short walking tour, 3:00 p.m. at 3138 N. Broadway. A great part of the exhibition are these mp3's you can download prior to going, there is a ton of great commentary by the artists. The exhibition runs through October 28th.
- Also running through October 28th is the Green City Market. See cooking demos and pick up some organic meats, cheeses, breads, maybe even some spinach. Get the goods Wednesdays and Saturdays from 7 a.m. - 1:30 p.m. at 1750 N Clark St.