By Rachelle Bowden in News on Nov 2, 2006 2:43AM
- Oprah was feeling generous again. She gave $1,000 to her audience members, but they can't keep it. They've got to give it away to charity.
- Police tracked down that alleged Wrigleyville rapist through his CVS pharmacy card after he dropped his keychain near the scene.
- Some volunteers doing fundraising were shot with 4-inch metal darts that were shot out of a blowgun. Seriously -- WTF?
- ServiceMaster is moving its HQ to Memphis.
- Charter One is gobbling up the Lisle-based GreatBanc and will become Chicagoland's 4th largest bank.
- The American Baby Faire is in town this weekend.
- Springfield has a funeral museum?
"Sign That Probably Used to Be Cool" via ChicagoEye who notes, "This sign at 76th and Vincennes in all mangled with multiple paint-overs, etc. But I bet in 1957, when this thing was all lit and the neon-installed, it was pretty cool."