By Rachelle Bowden in News on Nov 14, 2006 12:07AM
- Five people were arrested for selling pirated CDs and DVDs at Canal Street Market. With the help of the RIAA, police confiscated 400 illegal DVDs and 5,000 illegal CDs.
- The Macy's holiday windows were unveiled, and the CTA holiday train starts running on Saturday.
- In the Englewood and Uptown communities, dads and dads-to-be will be able to attend evening preschool with their kids and get schooled on parenting and child development.
- It's costing Federated $145 million to convert Field's to Macy's.
- Many fear that the University of Illinois will lose a lot of faculty to other institutions if they don't get higher pay and better perks.
- 2,000 people ran up the stairs of the Sears Tower to raise $300,000 for the fight against cancer.
- The landmarked Allerton Hotel on Michigan Avenue just sold for $70 million.
- What are your favorite Chicago sounds?
"little robin red breast" via runjenrun01.