By Rachelle Bowden in News on Nov 18, 2006 3:32AM
- Federated is cutting 200+ jobs in Chicago right after the holidays. Hey, but did you know Frango is expanding past candies and into beauty products?
- The Chicago Police deny they are hiding homicides.
- A judge ruled that it is ok for Batavia school children to make fun of Italian-Americans. Or something.
- There was a big architecture competition today. Eight teams had 4 hours to present their visions of what Chicago might look like in 100 years.
- The Orange and Blue lines were voted Most Bumpy.
- "Agora," a sculpture installment composed of 106 9-foot-tall human shapes, minus the heads and arms, was unveiled yesterday. Mayor Daley seems to really like the sculptures. The photo above is by Don Sorsa.