By Rachelle Bowden in News on Dec 22, 2006 2:24AM
- Daley has been given the Ebenezer award for removing the film The Nativity Story from the list of sponsors of Christkindlmarket market. A local religious group plans to set up a DVD player and TV down there to show the Nativity Story movie trailer. Take that, Daley!
- No surprise, many Chicago restaurants are still serving foie gras.
- Not going to be a white Christmas. We're having the longest snow-free spell since 1993.
- Already? Tank violated his probation.
- Ice Bar: Mobbed up?
- This Chicagoist-style S-T headline says it all: "Cubs woo Dave Matthews despite poo."
- The Trib is using RedEye to scoop itself and drive readers to the Sunday paper.
- Thirty-three percent of Americans have never heard of Barack Obama.
- Kanye and Common's toy giveaway for kids may be halted because of politics.
- Apparently, the suit against the city for arresting those protesters during the Gay Games is going forward.
- Sketchcore is playing The Chicago Sketch Comedy Festival on Saturday, January 6, at 10 p.m.
- Go have brunch at Mrs. Murphy & Sons Irish Bistro on Christmas Eve between 11 a.m. and 2:30 p.m., and while you're eating, they'll wrap your gifts for free. If you do tip them, the money will go to Lakeview Pantry.
"Chriskindlmarket Lights" via artamnesia.