By Rachelle Bowden in News on Jan 3, 2007 2:00AM
- In 2006 the number of deaths by fire, bank robberies and murders were all up.
- The Jazz Showcase had a final NYE show, and now they're closed for good.
- New Yorkers don't care about Chicago's popcorn.
- You knew this was going to happen, right? Lawsuits were filed in the Ogilvie shooting.
- The Sun-Times and the Trib are cutting the stuff no one looks at.
- Andersonville was picked as one of the country's greenest urban neighborhoods.
- These were Chicago's best and worst stocks of 2006.
- Pine Box Theatre is working with Family Rescue Inc., a shelter for victims of domestic abuse. Five percent of all proceeds will go to the shelter, and Sunday tickets are half-price when you bring a new toiletry to donate. Plus, January 13 marks their 1-year anniversary and the opening of their newest show, "Hot 'n' Throbbing."
- Registration is now open for the LaSalle Bank Chicago Marathon to be run on Sunday, October 7, 2007.
"Reflections upon a fragile life" via swanksalot.