By Rachelle Bowden in News on Jan 5, 2007 2:06AM
- Blago's office is being sued to release any subpoenas related to corruption.
- The Chicago Department of Human Survices (CDHS) needs volunteers to help them conduct a one night, point-in-time count of the homeless in shelters and on the street on January 25, 2007 from 9PM to 2AM. For more information or to volunteer, Dominique Bell at 312-742-1552 or DH0608@cityofchicago.org.
- A Chicago woman is suing for court costs after she was robbed by a police officer and sued the city and lost.
- Oh man, Mitchell's in Homewood is closing. Suburban kids are weeping. This place was great.
- O'Hare is still not the busiest airport.
- Related to our disaster preparedness post yesterday, Cortez Trotter says the report is BS.
- This fruitcake from Lincoln Square has a fruitcake blog.
- Remember last week when $50,000 worth of broccoli was stolen? This weekend some thieves made off with trucks full of frozen vegetables, fungicide, and cookies.
- Duckeasies: Is this really the new term for restaurants that are serving foie gras? Also, Bin 36 is getting around the law by giving away the dish, not selling it.
- Parakeets are invading.
- Best class name ever: Tassel Twirling for the Twenty-First Century. Bring your tassles to get $30 off the price of this class at Early to Bed.
- Way to go, WGN dummies!
"whore eyes" via runjenrun.