By Rachelle Bowden in News on Jan 11, 2007 2:06AM
- That new TV show, "Armed & Famous," where they train Z-list celebs to be cops ... it's in Indiana. Figures!
- Some racist assholes with a pro-Chief Illiniwek page on Facebook made threats against a Native American University of Illinois student. Suggested one person, "I say we throw a tomahawk into her face."
- A lady from Florida is suing Kraft because Capri Sun says "All Natural" on the label. When did she figure out that anything eaten from a foil pouch is not "All Natural?" When her kids' teeth turned up all rotten?
- McDonald's announced that it will sell only eco-friendly coffee at its restaurants in the UK and Ireland. In our experience, the food at McDonald's in Ireland is so much better than in America. If you look on their site, they are very conscious and use free-range eggs, chicken that meets animal welfare standards, local/national dairy and meat, and "100% Hoki straight from New Zealand."
- The Metropolitan Opera has started simulcasting to theaters in suburban Chicago.
- The park district is kind of being a dick about when the Bears season officially ends and whether they need to pay to resod the field during the playoffs. Seventy thousand dollars are at stake.
- Chicago-based eCrush.com was purchased by a division of Hearst Corp.
- Sears is opening a showroom in Second Life. Crazy how so many people are "playing" Second Life and how advertisers are trying to cash in there.
- Zorn on why the cocaine story is good for Obama.
- Teenaged boys used to swoon over this former Channel One correspondent: Lisa Ling is engaged to a local doctor.
- Speaking of local doctors, some of them are urging weight standards for models.
- The city is turning to the federal government to help with funding the O'Hare expansion.
- The average temperature last year was 52 degrees. It was the 10th warmest year EVER.
Lake Michigan in winter (Jan 2007) via only-connect.