By Rachelle Bowden in News on Jan 24, 2007 1:30AM
- Human remains were found stuffed in a box and wrapped with electric cords on the West Side. Needless to say, police are investigating.
- Some dude walked into a police station yesterday afternoon and pointed a gun at officers. They shot him in the arm.
- Batavia doesn't want sex-oriented businesses in retail areas, so basically they're only allowing them in industrial areas.
- Last year, for the first time since the bubble burst, VC investments in IL companies topped $300 million.
- A federal judge has ordered state officials to offer "Choose Life" specialty license plates.
- Dine at Houlihan's (in Geneva) and get hepatitis "A."
- At Giordano's in Oak Terrace a former waitress says that managers sexually harassed her and when they found out she was 3 months pregnant, went so far as to offer a 'special tea' to induce a miscarriage because they said she was no longer attractive.
"Handlebars" via pantagrapher.