By Rachelle Bowden in News on Feb 14, 2007 2:16AM
- The White Sox signed infielder Eduardo Perez to a minor-league contract on Monday. Awesome because all he does is strike out or hit home runs.
- Who's puncturing the tires of a couple dozen school buses in the suburbs?
- Although the police maintain that officers acted appropriately in the shooting death of Cornelius Ware, a 20-year-old paraplegic, the city has agreed to pay his family $5.2 million.
- John H. Bryan and Richard Gray, who helped save an Illinois landmark, Mies van der Rohe's Farnswoth House, will be honored as "living legends" themselves.
- Zillow has released home value reports for the 4th quarter of 2006. There's a national overview, as well as reports in 75 metro areas, including Chicago-Gary-Kenosaha. View these reports to get detailed information about the state of the housing market, including quarter-by-quarter summaries of the appreciation over the past year, as well as historical data going back to 1997. This data is divided by county, by city and by 141 Chicagoland neighborhoods.
- Chivas Regal Scotch Whisky is looking for 2 adventurous, passionate people to travel together as the Chivas Life Ambassadors. What's that mean? You'll travel around and do crazy things, keep a travelogue, interact with media and consumers, and attend events like Elephant Polo in Thailand and Snow Golf in St. Moritz. Oh, and the pair will get $200,000 as compensation and a travel stipend. Must be 25 years old or older, apply in pairs on Feb. 24 at The Chivas Studio.
- Tomorrow is Marriage Equality Day in Chicago. There's a rally 4:00 p.m. in front of the Cook County Marriage License Bureau (118 N. Clark Street). At 4:30 p.m. the march will move through the City/County Building and at 5 p.m. will march to Holy Name Cathedral.
"$99.00 = love???" via abmarfia. Mr. Marfia asks "I wonder how many times you have to cheat on your wife before buying the $99 dollar box of chocolates???"