By Rachelle Bowden in News on Feb 16, 2007 1:41AM
- The guy who's accused of killing Tank Johnson's friend/bodyguard is pleading not guilty.
- This is silly. "The Sun-Times is putting the Tribune on trial. The charge: The Trib has ruined the Cubs." Would the Sun-Times be attacking the Trib so virulently if they weren't a major competitor? We think not.
- In CTA news: Two more downtown Metra stations will get CTA transit-card vending machines. Also, the CTA said they're going to start flooding the North Side with more buses during rush hours from this spring til 2009 as the Belmont and Fullerton stations are being rebuilt. In this article on the buses, there's a classic quote: Carole Brown, CTA Chairwoman, "complained that she saw four CTA buses broken down on the street, with passengers inside, while she was driving home from work on Tuesday." While. She. Was. Driving.
- Watch out for currency exchanges that are overcharging for city vehicle stickers.
- Bank of America has a new credit-card marketing campaign aimed at illegal Hispanic immigrants without Social Security numbers. There's big opposition, of course.
- U.S. Supreme Court Justice Antonin Scalia's daughter was arrested in Wheaton for DUI and child endangerment.
"Chicago River" via Ms. Beetlebum.