By Rachelle Bowden in News on Feb 21, 2007 1:49AM
- As of late last night, there was still no deal between Carlos Zambrano and the Cubs. An arbitration hearing is scheduled for today. And speaking of Z: Could the market for Big Z really ever get any higher? Could Hendry trade him in a forward-thinking move for a team built to win now, and explain it as a good decision?
- If we win the Olympics bid, Grant Park will become a celebration site that could attract 100,000 people per day with high-tech kiosks, sporting activities, and big-name entertainment.
- Do you remember hearing about that firefighter in Orland Park who was faking like he was doing military service and made almost $200,000? He's still being paid!
- Imagine you take your dog out for a quick walk. The streets are wet and slushy and your dog steps on a metal access panel in the ground where an electrical wire has shorted out. Then your dog gets shocked to death. Electrocuted in front of your eyes. That's what happened to Jessica Maxey-Faulkner.
- More people here like CVS than Walgreens, but everyone still hates Macy's.
Frozen bike via Thee Erin.