By Rachelle Bowden in News on Mar 1, 2007 2:00AM
- You don't think Chicago politics are rough? Several campaign volunteers in the 16th and 24th wards report being attacked near polling places yesterday.
- At least they had room to defend themselves: hardly anyone showed up at the polls.
- The ladies ever call you a "boy toy" or "arm piece"? It wasn't your boss was it?
- Abbott Labs cutting 200 jobs in Illinois.
- Surprise: Macy's on State Street is struggling.
- The Cook County sheriff might take over the Stroger Hospital beat.
- Road trip: Loyola Academy's varsity hockey coach was arrested while in Pittsburgh for a tournament last weekend for assaulting an off-duty cop and threatening his family.
- A disgruntled former employee shot and killed a 60-year-old shopkeeper after he learned he couldn't get his job back right away.
"Lion of the Disenfranchised, Disenfranchised" via Michael DaKidd.