By Rachelle Bowden in News on Mar 21, 2007 1:18AM
- Hipsters: Clothe your kids!
- Surprise! With an intro by J-Hud, Kanye performed at a local high school at an event celebrating a big donation by Dwayne Wade to his alma mater.
- The Blackhawks are moving their affiliation to Rockford and the Rockford Ice Hogs. So long to Norfolk and the Norfolk Admirals!
- Borders may close half of its Chicago stores, including two in the Lincoln Park neighborhood.
- Sales are down in Playboy's largest business, TV.
- The feds are looking for a guy called "The Bishop" after he sent a couple sets of explosives from a suburban post office.
- A convicted felon has been charged with five knife attacks on the North Side in the past week. Police say he was angry at the community.
- The state of IL has steel animal cages, chain saws, computer equipment, and electronic wheelchairs (??) for sale, if you're looking....
- Oh, cry us a river! People are actually complaining that because everyone's switching from land lines to cell phones that it's cutting into the source of revenue that is 9-1-1 calls? Apparently, phone companies charge "substantially less" for a 9-1-1 call on a cell compared to a land line phone.
- Over the weekend, an SUV drove into a Subway restaurant, killing one guy and injuring eight others. On Monday, an SUV drove into an Aurora home. The twist this time was that the reason the vehicle crashed was because the driver was fatally shot from another vehicle.
- Earlier this month CPS had a chess championship that ended when a hundred coaches and students stormed out. CPS just announced yesterday that the tournament has been rescheduled.
This photo shows what you do not want to see when you look out the CTA train's window. There was a "small track fire" on the Brown Line tonight. More»