James L. Beard Nominees Announced
By Laura Oppenheimer in Food on Mar 20, 2007 5:30PM
And the Chicago-based nominees are:
- Outstanding Restaurateur: Richard Melman, Lettuce Entertain You Enterprises
- Outstanding Chef: Jean Joho, Everest and Paul Kahan, Blackbird
- Outstanding Restaurant: Frontera Grill and Spiaggia
- Rising Star Chef of the Year: Graham Elliot Bowles, Avenues
- Outstanding Pastry Chef: Mindy Segal, HotChocolate
- Outstanding Service: Tru
- Outstanding Wine Service: Bin 36, Wine Director Brian Duncan
- Best Chef, Great Lakes Region: Grant Achatz, Alinea; Carrie Nahabedian, Naha; and Bruce Sherman, North Pond.
Hungry Mag has a list of all the Chicago-based nominees (including the food media nominations) and links to podcasts with many of the chefs. Shockingly, NBC 5's "Good Eats" segment didn't receive a nomination.
Congratulations to all those nominated!
Image via James Beard Foundation.