By Rachelle Bowden in News on Mar 23, 2007 1:20AM
- Same-sex couples will be allowed to be joined in civil unions under legislation approved by the Illinois House Committee.
- Cliff Floyd will start with the Cubs when the season begins.
- Jimbo's may reopen.
- The Chicago Dancing Festival is a free, one-night-only (Aug 22 @ 7:30 p.m.) event that is a grand showcase of performers from 7 major international, regional and local companies.
- Reminder: The Color Purple opens at the Cadillac Palace in a few weeks.
- Haven't they learned anything from watching "24"? A new study says the largest US cities are not prepared for a nuclear attack.
- Blago announced a program that would require home buyers in Cook County to get financial counseling before signing a mortgage agreement.
- A body was found at an old mob burial ground. Also, the bodies of two men were found inside a vehicle in Englewood.
- A semi was wedged under a viaduct on the South Side, interrupting CTA Green Line service for several hours and blocking up a roadway intersection.
"serene positioning" via turbohamster.