By Rachelle Bowden in News on Apr 3, 2007 12:49AM
- Eric Clapton is sponsoring a Crossroads Guitar Festival on July 28 in Chicago. Scheduled to perform are BB King, Willie Nelson, Vince Gill, Sheryl Crow, Jeff Beck and John Mayer. Proceeds will go to the Crossroads Center, a drug-rehabilitation facility that Clapton founded.
- Now's the time to buy up any Chief Illiniwek gear you may want. After June 15, manufacturers will stop producing items featuring the retired mascot.
- That high-rise fire last week was caused by faulty wiring.
- The Sun-Times got a redesign. Look for changes starting on Wednesday.
- Donald Walsh, a high-ranking member of the CFD, has been placed on administrative leave and is being accused of racism. Supposedly, when a superviser who reported to Walsh asked if his employee could leave work early for a family emergency, Walsh asked, "Is the guy black or white?"
- Two developers are duking it out for the rights to 13 acres on the Northwest Side. Both plan to fill the area with more than 300 new homes.
- If you're a weather geek, this free seminar may be of interest to you. The Fermilab/WGN Tornado and Severe Weather Seminar will be held on April 21. The program begins at noon and will be repeated at 6 p.m. for those of us who have day jobs.
- We knew it was windy yesterday, but we didn't realize that it was so windy that roofs were torn off houses and windows were shattered in the western suburbs, leaving more than 100 residents displaced.
"devon devon 4558" via abmarfia.