By Rachelle Bowden in News on Apr 5, 2007 1:06AM
- Did you guys hear about that watch that made it to eBay? It was Gary Familglietti's and was from the Bears' 1940s championship. Well, Al Baisi Jr. played for the Bears in the '40s and got a watch after the 1946 championship but lost it, so he bought Familglietti's watch on eBay for $8,100.
- Remember how they kept saying, "Don't worry, there will be a parking garage and restaurant ... just as soon as we get the bleacher expansions done"? Well, prolly not, now that the Cubs are going to be for sale after this season.
- This week in Oprah News: She's agreed to speak at Howard University's commencement.
- And speaking of commencement addresses, about a year ago, Stephen Colbert gave the commencement speech at Knox College in western Illinois. Now they've become so popular that they've got 2,500 applicants for only 340 spots.
- The Chicago Architecture Foundation is offering five free lunchtime lectures to celebrate Earth Week (April 16-20).
- Denny's is throwing their hat into the Fancy Coffee Ring and will be handing out mugs of their new special blend on Tax Day (April 17) from 7 a.m. - 11 a.m. around the Hancock building; from 11:30 a.m. - 2:00 p.m. around Wrigley Field; and from 8 p.m. - midnight outside the Harrison Street USPS hub. Oh, and if you're in the suburbs, you can visit any Denny's restaurant to get a free cup.
"Trust Mayor Daley's Machine" via p2wy.