By Rachelle Bowden in News on Apr 7, 2007 1:00AM
- Jack Davis, the guy who originally designed the Chief Illiniwek logo, wants to get ownership of the logo back.
- Tyndale House Publishers, an IL-based Christian publisher, will be publishing the memoirs of Indianapolis Colts Coach Tony Dungy, entitled Quiet Strength.
- As a reward for getting together the sale of the Trib to Sam Zell, a few dozen top execs will split a $6.5 million bonus.
- The Lincoln museum is offering free workshops for teachers to learn more about Honest Abe.
- Crate & Barrel is going international.
- More than 400,000 people moved into Chicagoland in the past 6 years, ranking the area in the top 10 nationwide in growth.
- More on that pet food recall: Dog treats are now part of the recall; many pet owners have started making their own pet food at home; and today China is denying responsibility for the pet deaths. U.S. officials say the deaths were caused by a batch of chemically contaminated wheat gluten from China.
- Should there be an independent agency to police the police?
- Some sickie in southern IL admitted to offering a woman prescription meds and cash in exchange for naked photos of her 9-year-old daughter.
- In the past week armed robbers have taken money from three cab drivers in Evanston.
- Remember when that Lindenhurt BK manager was shot last year? The restaurant is closing. They say that everyone stopped eating there and that sales never recovered.
- That guy that escaped from jail in Lake County, Ind., was found on the South Side.
- Some kid shot his friend in Chicago Ridge last night, then they both tried to say that some dude trying to rob them did it.
"Palm Terrace" via kookybites.