By Rachelle Bowden in News on Apr 19, 2007 1:11AM
- The Chicago Architecture Foundation architecture river cruise season opens on April 28.
- Warm up your arm! The US Air Guitar tour will be here on June 15.
- The Chicago Craft Mafia has a new show called "Spring Loaded" taking place on Saturday, May 5. The show will also be a fundraiser for Rainbow House.
- The 2nd Annual Juried Photographic Exhibition is taking place at the Morpho Gallery from April 20 - 28, with the opening reception on April 20 from 6 p.m. - 11 p.m.
- Nau, the lifestyle and outdoor apparel company, opened a store here (2118 N. Halsted) and sets itself apart by donating 5%* of every sale to a charity of the buyer's choice.
- Fiesta Cultural takes place on April 28 and benefits the Inter-American Magnet School. The event celebrates Latin America's diverse cultural heritage with music and dance performances, a food fair, a silent auction, an artisan bazaar, and children's activities. It's also bilingual, family-friendly, and open to the public. Tickets are $10 for adults, $2.50 for kids.
- On June 30, Catholic Charities will end its foster care program in Chicago. This comes after the insurer covering the program dropped coverage. And after they settled a lawsuit brought on by some kids who said they were abused by foster parents. Right now the foster program cares for 900 children.
- One of the Virginia Tech shooting victims was from Illinois.
- A body found in a country club swimming pool is that of a Chicago college student who has been missing since last fall.
"Strawberries, skinny legs" via margaretlyons.