By Rachelle Bowden in News on May 1, 2007 1:20AM
- Absolut Vodka has some new ad campaign where in one of the ads the Cubs go to the World Series.
- Milton F. Bocek, the oldest living former White Sox player, died. He was 94.
- Mike Hohensee, the coach of the Chicago Rush, was injured when he was hit by a car on Saturday.
- Does hip-hop hate women? 400 people gathered to discuss it on Saturday.
- After the shooting at Virginia Tech officials in Illinois announced enhanced campus safety initiatives.
- Some guys were arrested for using a Chicago-based tour bus company as a drug and money laundering front.
- Over the weekend, one of the biggest drug busts in Chicago aviation history was made.
- Snackville Junction closed.
"Prairie Avenue Historic District 2" via bluepoet, who notes: "This was THE place to live before the Chicago Fire of 1871. The city demographics and geography changed after the fire, and the rich moved out of Prairie Ave and up to the North Side. This area has seen revitalization in recent years, and houses here now go for $1,000,000."