By Rachelle Bowden in News on May 8, 2007 1:53AM
- Northbound early morning and late night Red Line trains are going to be rerouted from the subway to the elevated tracks from Roosevelt to North/Clybourn from today til Wednesday morning at 5 a.m.
- J.C. Penney is opening 9 suburban Chicago freestanding stores in the next two years. They're trying to compete with Kohl's.
- Casimir Pulaski has been dead for more than 200 years, but Sen. Dick Durbin announced that the Senate passed a resolution he sponsored getting Pulaski posthumous, honorary American citizenship.
- Bring on the cancer! Chicagoans are dumb about sun protection.
- Everyone's still looking for that woman from Plainfield who disappeared a week ago.
- A company in Aurora is launching a towing taxi service in Naperville. It will drive your drunk ass home and tow your car along with it.
- A bunch of people are in an uproar about a racy billboard advocating divorce in the Viagra Triangle.
- Fourteen gnomes were stolen and a ransom note was left at a house in Chicago Ridge last week.
- Aurora doesn't want anyone wagging any flags or honking in celebration any more.
- Meet the 2007 Loop Rock Girl.
"Welcome to our store!" by kookybites.