By Rachelle Bowden in News on May 10, 2007 1:00AM
- The Chicago Outdoor Film Festival movies have been announced. Also, while we were on the City's crappy events site we noticed that the Chicago Jazz Fest and the Chicago Blues Fest schedules are available now, too.
- LA says that if they get the Olympics they'll make about $2.7 billion. Chicago isn't sayin' shit!
- On police brutality: Remember that case where the cops fired into a car with 11 youths in it during the 1998 Bulls victory celebrations? A city council committee recommended a $2 million settlement. Also, those four business men who say they were beaten by six off-duty officers filed a federal lawsuit. It doesn't say, but were these the guys who were at Jefferson Tap?
- In trial news: A star witness has testified that Conrad Black approved millions of dollars of payments to himself, and closing arguments are happening today in the Brown's Chicken murder trial.
- Illinois and Indiana were in the top five states in commercial casino revenue.
- You know how they're turning the Old Main Post Office into a hotel and condo complex? The firm doing it asked the city for $51 million in tax-increment financing.
- Illinois may soon be the toughest in the country when it comes to licensing teens and taking driving rights away if they're caught with booze.
Image via ankylosaur.