By Rachelle Bowden in News on May 22, 2007 12:12AM
- Carl Wright, a Chicago actor who appeared in Soul Food, Barbershop and Big Momma's House, has passed away from cancer.
- Bo Diddley's condition is improving after having a stroke last week.
- In local celeb gossip, people are wondering whether Vaughnifer is planning a romantic reunion in Chicago.
- Someone at MeFi asked "What is required for a Chicago porch repair permit?"
- A new feature on the state police's web site lets us find out how many registered sex offenders live in our neighborhood. Wasn't there already a Google mashup map that did this?
- The CTA is adding 400 low emissions buses to their fleet. Oh yeh, and the sky is falling. Again.
- Someone stole a Rembrandt from a Michigan Avenue Gallery.
- Chicago's got the highest gas prices in the country.
- Plan ahead! O'Hare is the busiest airport for Memorial Day Weekend travel for the second year in a row.
- Lots of people are facing forclosures.
"Come Tumblin' Down" via Joe M500.