By Rachelle Bowden in News on May 31, 2007 1:07AM
- Last year Chicago-area foreclosures set a record. It's supposed to be way worse this year.
- CDW (out of Vernon Hills) has agreed to be sold to Madison Dearborn (out of Chicago) for $7.3 billion.
- Hundreds of parents and kids protested outside Hurley School yesterday. They don't want classes to go on a year-round schedule that divides kids into "tracks," a plan that is supposed to relieve overcrowding.
- The Chicago Archdiocese coughed up $6.65 million to settle claims by people who say they were abused by Catholic priests.
- Our two airports are getting about $44 million in federal grant money.
"it would almost be cute...if it weren't so gross." via decaf.