- Nike opened up a store on the South Side and people in the neighborhood are hoping others will too.
- Motorola is cutting 4,000 more jobs.
- 27 students died violent deaths this school year.
- What's grosser than gross? A former nurse's aide was sentenced for raping and impregnating a disabled nursing home resident who couldn't walk, talk or feed herself. He said he did it because he was bored.
- Tank Johnson binged on junk food in prison.
- Ha! Nature rocks! Flocks of seagulls are flying to Beverly for some tasty cicada meals.
- The University of Chicago got a $100 million anonymous donation.
- Looks like Macy's has picked their scapegoat.
- MSI admission is free from Sunday, June 3 - Friday, June 8. We can't find a link online, but believe us.. we just got the press release.
"cicadas hanging out" via ten-nine.