The Friday Buffet
By Chuck Sudo in Food on Jun 8, 2007 3:03PM
It's a less cumbersome title than "Your Friday Food Buffet," don't you think? Good, because that's what we're calling "YFFB" from now on.
On to business:
- "What is Understood Need Not Be Discussed": That about describes our opinion of Ribfest Chicago 2007 this weekend. We'll leave it at that.
- Practical Applications: Printers Row Book Fair is also happening this weekend. Presenting sponsor the Tribune has a full slate of demonstrations and discussions related to cooking. You can see the lineup here.
- The Key to the Heart is Through the Stomach: Looking for love in all the wrong places? Then consider one of the series of dinners happening this weekend at Bistro Campagne, sponsored by Tasty Chicago, a "wonderful resource for busy single professionals who enjoy getting out and socializing, exploring different restaurants, and meeting other eligible singles in the process." Sounds good, but the name could really use some work. Cost is $15 for Tasty Chicago members, plus the cost of your food and drinks.
- Dining for Little Heroes: On Tuesday Sage Grille in Highwood is hosting a "Summer Styles" benefit for the Little Heroes Pediatric Cancer Research Foundation. Attendees can enjoy champagne and wine and food pairings while viewing fashions from Highland Park-based Bett's Boutique. Cost is $50 and the event runs from 7-9 p.m..
- Regatta de Blanc Was a Police Record, Not a Wine: Vinci on Halsted is hosting a Sicilian wine dinner with Donnafugata wines on Wednesday. The five-course dinner is priced at $45 and starts at 7 p.m. You can view the menu here.