By Jocelyn Geboy in News on Jun 12, 2007 4:23AM
- Qannik, a six-year-old beluga whale arrived at Point Defiance Zoo & Aquarium early Sunday after a flight on a chartered military transport plane from his previous home at Chicago's John G. Shedd Aquarium.
- A deadly shooting on a CTA bus is now the inspiration for a new proposed federal law to create a national database of all gun owners to keep guns out of the wrong hands.
- He didn't have a peg leg. There's no evidence he ever uttered "arggh." But "Roaring" Dan Seavey was, by legal definition and lengthy lore, a pirate -- the only one arrested as such on Lake Michigan ninety-nine years ago today.
- Although much is made of the immigration of Mexicans to this country, the struggle to become a U.S. citizen touches many. After his wife was deported, taking his child with him, the telephone is the only link for Schiller Park dad Tony Wasilewski.
- Norman Finkelstein, the DePaul University faculty member whose discussions on the Holocaust attracted attention beyond the academic world (e.g, Noam Chomsky, Alan Dershowitz), has been denied tenure.
- The champagne had been on ice for more than six weeks, but Mark Buehrle finally gets his elusive 100th victory on his eighth try despite bullpen's shaky ninth inning.
"those tuna fraps are really catching on" by yenna