By Jocelyn Geboy in News on Jun 19, 2007 4:04AM
- Edward Kearns spent Father's Day in jail Sunday. Kearns, who owes more than $112,000 in child support for three kids, was among 130 deadbeat dads who were arrested by Cook
County Sheriff's Police during a week-long "Operation Father's Pay."
- Pretty bizarre: An off-duty Chicago police officer has been found dead in a gangway near his home in Pilsen; They think he possibly fell off his deck.
- Businesses are making way for Barney's and those bounded by Rush, Oak and State streets
will close or move to temporary locations in a musical chairs of retail in the Gold Coast.
- Sarahs Pastries and Candies might move from Oak Street to to the 13th floor of Macy's on
State, formerly Marshall Field's, but it won't be making Frango Mints.
- It's not 28 weeks later -- If you eat at La Casa del Gordo in Highland Park, don't be alarmed at all the cooks wearing masks over their mouths. Chef Fructoso Sandoval says he just wants diners to see that the food they get there is safe.
- We try to remain open-minded, but it's hard with stories like this: A Joliet woman is recovering in the hospital after she was attacked by two pit bulls in an alley Saturday night.
- A good walk not spoiled ... Golfers were back on the course Sunday after a plane crashed on a local course in south suburban Lansing on Saturday night. The pilot is alive, and Federal investigators came in on Sunday to investigate.
- A Chicago school band director, Anand Sukumaran from Malaysia, faced deportation because school officials didn't procure the long term visa he needed, can now stay in the country for at least one more year. The band will play on, after all.
"At least the sky is pretty" by p2wy