By Chuck Sudo on Jul 17, 2007 12:50AM
- People keep giving Barack Obama money. This quarter he raised $34 million for his Presidential campaign.
- Capitalism in action: The Mercantile Exchange will cut 400 Board of Trade jobs in their merger and receive as much as $40 million in aid from the city to assist in getting the world's biggest futures market off and running.
- The Chicago Landmarks Commission designates 208 S. LaSalle with landmark status.
- Another Whole Foods is opening at the Center on Halsted, East Lakeview's new GLBT community center.
- With more than 500 cases of people getting ill at Taste of Chicago after eating at the Pars Cove booth on record, the first lawsuits against Pars Cove are filed.
"Crowne Plaza at Night" courtesy of swanksalot.