The Friday Buffet
By Chuck Sudo in Food on Jul 20, 2007 2:10PM
Well, you really couldn't ask for a better weekend to get your keister out there and enjoy the weather. There's also so much going on, you have no excuse. Here are a few samplings:
- We know some of you are going to the World's Largest Block Party this weekend. It ain't our speed, but we know there are some of you who still like to party like it's 1994 with Rusted Root and Big Head Todd and the Monsters. Whooo!! Yay, Old St. Pat's!!
- The Signature Room at the 95th floor of the Hancock Building is hosting a two-day garden fresh cooking class this weekend at Green City Market. On both days, attendees will have the opportunity to shop for fresh produce with Signature Room executive chef Patrick Sheerin, who will also show attendees how to whip up some of the Signature Room's classic dishes. Start times are 8 a.m. Saturday, 1 p.m. Sunday. Cost is $75 per person.
- Tsuki Japanese Restaurant and Lounge (1441 W. Fullerton) is the site of a sake Meetup Saturday. Cost is $10 and it's limited to fifteen people; as of post time there were two spots left.
- We've participated in the annual Chinatown Dragon Boat Race for Literacy in previous years, it is so much fun. This year's event goes down Saturday at Ping Tom Memorial Park in Chinatown, and visiting give you an excuse to head to Chinatown Square and enjoy all the noshes there, like Chicagoist fave KS Seafood.
- Not far from the Dragon Boat Races in Bridgeport is the South Side arts & Music Festival, centered at 35th and Halsted. The music lineup is something we can definitely live with, but Bridgeport also has its share of good eats, as well.
- Fox & Obel Market in River East is hosting a rosé wine tasting Thursday from 6-7:30 p.m. The purpose of the "Think Pink" event is to educate attendees on the nuances of rosé and show what foods pair best with it. Cost is $45.