By Jocelyn Geboy in News on Jul 24, 2007 4:22AM
- Parking rates at many downtown garages and lots have gone up in the last year, keeping pace with increasing demand for office space and nudged by residential development and price increases.
- We thought you could drop out after 16 if you wanted ... A state law that went into effect July 1 will revoke the licenses of students who have more than 18 unexcused absences from school, are expelled or drop out. It's part of an effort to stem the statewide dropout rate, which topped 24,000 students last year.
- Way to jack everything up: A flight bound for San Francisco from Boston was forced to land at O'Hare Airport on Sunday after two passengers allegedly harassed another person aboard the plane.
- Lettuce Entertain You Enterprises Inc. is opening a third Wow Bao restaurant at the northwest corner of State and Lake Streets in the Renaissance Hotel.
- The owners of Tru, Rick Tramonto and Gale Gand, are eying further expansion, with projects in Rosemont and Schaumburg on the horizon.
- McDonald's faces a teen labor shortage.
"Hollywood Beach" by Andy Marfia