By Jocelyn Geboy in News on Jul 25, 2007 4:43AM
- Modest hero saves toddler and brushes off praise after locating boy, and putting his own air mask on him.
- The family of a missing Plainfield woman hopes two billboards to be unveiled Tuesday in that community, asking "Where is Lisa Stebic?" will help generate new tips.
- Somebody's lovin' it. McDonald's turns some heads by sponsoring a music tour featuring Chicago's Twista, a rapper whose raunchy lyrics have been identified by a billboard campaign decrying music that demeans women and perpetuates violence.
- The man who has personally pleased Oprah Winfrey's palate for years can now be at your service.
- Lawmakers announced an agreement that would reduce the recent rate increase by ComEd by 45 percent, and is likely to be approved this week.
- Dear Lord. A 16-year-old boy is due in court for a bond hearing Tuesday on charges that he beat a 3-year-old girl to death out of anger that she had soiled her underwear.
- So classy. Quigley says it would be bad karma if it turns out there's a bunch of graves in some land that The Cook County Board is considering sellingnear Oak Forest Hospital to get some desperately-needed cash. No doubt.
- You don't say -- A new survey found that many physicians plan to leave Stroger Hospital amid Cook County budget cuts.
- Something about this sounds sketchy. Maybe it's the kickback the school gets out of it all. Students at the University of Illinois this fall will be able to do more than get into campus buildings or check out library books with their student IDs: They'll also be able to get cash.
"Boating in the summer on Lake Michigan" by kudzuplanet