By Chuck Sudo on Jul 31, 2007 11:00PM
- Our Litigious Society: Cook County resident Jose Trujillo files a lawsuit against Apple, claiming that the company and exclusive wireless carrier AT&T misled iPhone buyers by not clearly informing them that the iPhone battery was sealed, and could only be professionally replaced.
- It's Called the Hippocratic Oath: Atheist and agnostic doctors are as likely to provide care for the poor as religious physicians.
- A Chicago firefighter is accused of criminal sexual assault, allegedly abusing a relative for the past two years...
- ... and the Firefighters' Museum is looking for a new home.
- Finally, people in County government beside friends or relatives of Todd Stroger get a raise. County prosecutors are now paid the same salaries as public defenders.
- More than 1,000 pilots apply for 100 pilot openings at United Airlines.
- Chicago Public School teachers are the recipients of inflated scores from a flawed evaluation system.
- Now that the federal hiring monitor has left City Hall, Michael Shakman is calling for the city's Inspector General to oversee city hiring.
"The Big Witch" courtesy of bridgeportseasoning.